In Tier 2 areas, from 2nd December paddling outdoors in socially distanced groups of up to six may re-commence. Until then, the following applies
This document sets out Basingstoke and Deane Canoe Club’s approach to paddling and other Club activities during the COVID-19 pandemic as at 27 June 2020.
Safety – at all times the health and safety of members and other paddlers is of paramount importance.
Hardship – the Club recognises that some paddlers will be experiencing financial hardship and will work to minimises its impact on their ability to paddle.
Guidance – the Club will follow guidance issued by HM Government and by our national governing body, British Canoeing. The Club notes that this guidance is changing rapidly so this document is liable to change.
Risk Assessment - For a copy of the Club's Risk Assessment, which has been updated to reflect the current COVID-19 protocols, please click here
Outdoor Paddling Sessions
- on your own
- with the people you live with (your household)
- with your support bubble
- with one other person, whilst maintaining social distancing
Further guidance is expected from British canoeing soon.
QMC Pool Sessions - Next session (hopefully) 9th December
It is hoped that pool sessions will re-commence at the end of this lockdown. Assuming this is possible, the first pool session will be Wednesday 9th Dec, followed by sessions on 16th and 23rd December.
Annual member renewal is due in April. Current members should not experience financial hardship as a result of renewing their membership.
- Membership subscriptions for 2020-21 will be reduced by 25% to reflect the fact that paddling activities are likely to cease or at least be seriously reduced for at least 3 months. This reflects payment for period July 2020 to March 2021.
- The normal membership year will remain from April through March but membership for the year 2019-2020 will be extended to the end of June 2020.
- Subject to any change required for the transfer to the British Canoeing Club Together scheme, completion of a membership form will be required to continue membership into 2020-21.
- Where members feel able to pay membership subscriptions, they should be encouraged do so in order that relief can be given to members who cannot pay. Any payment beyond the 75% fee will be treated as a donation and eligible for Gift Aid.
- Where members feel unable to pay due to financial hardship they should contact the Club Secretary, Marina Crean. Payment will be deferred to 1st October 2020 in the first instance: that date will be reviewed in June 2020 and quarterly thereafter until the end of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In the event that subscription payments are deferred beyond 1st April 2021, outstanding payments for the year 2020-21 will be waived.
Colt Hill Work Parties
Colt Hill work parties will be suspended until further notice.